linux-pm

[linux-pm] acpi lcd support Papp Áron Mon Jan 26 08:00:52 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to get some information about, if I could help You to develope
notebook LCD support for non-Thinkpad/Toshiba notebooks.
I'm using a Fujitsu-Siemens notebook (pa-1538) and if I try to change the
lcd backlight get the following:

$ sudo acpitool -l 1
Changing LCD brightness level is only supported on Toshiba or Thinkpad
laptops.

I'm using Debian os, and the ACPI version is 1.1.
Please let me know, what knowledges I need to have/learn to develope an
extension/patch for other manufacturers like FSC or HP.

Thanks, and best regards
Aron Papp