log4net-user

Re: Deleting old logs Ron Grabowski Tue Jun 16 16:00:26 2009

What happens when you add <RollingMode value="Size" />?

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html

----- Original Message ----
From: M.Suarez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 5:21:24 PM
Subject: Deleting old logs

Hi,

I am trying to just have the latest 2 log files of my application, thus I
have configured the log4net as follows:

<log4net>
    <appender name="RollingFile"
      <file value="d:\netapps\logfiles\MyApp.log" />
      <appendToFile value="true" />
    <MaximumFileSize value="100KB"/>
    <MaxSizeRollBackups value="2" />
      <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />

        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger -
%message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>

    <!-- Set root logger level to INFO and its only appender to Console and
RollingFile-->
    <root>
      <level value="INFO" />
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFile" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

However, there will be more than then two expected log files, this is
because:
"The maximum applies to each time based group of files and not the total"
(http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.MaxSizeRollBackups.html)

How should I configure log4net then to only store the latest two files? Any
help will be greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Monica