mailman-developers

Re: [Mailman-Developers] monthly password reminder bounce reaction Barry Warsaw Mon Jun 01 16:00:23 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

We, the Python.org postmasters, received about 2.200 bounces at Mailman day
from monthly password reminders that did not reach the recipient.

Ralf said such bounces do not increase a mailing list members bounce score. Is this correct? If it is, can we add such behaviour to the MM3 feature list?
Any objections?

I believe that's right because the password reminders come from the site list. Because of the mailing list silos in MM2.x, it's not feasible to map those onto all the lists the email address could be a member of.

Remember that monthly reminders are a thing of the past. They won't be in MM3 and IIRC, they've already been removed from the MM2.2 tree also.

-Barry