mason-users

Re: [Mason] Extreme Newbie: how to use the value of title method in an if statement Hans Dieter Pearcey Tue May 05 11:00:29 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:53:54AM -0500, Sara Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use the value of "title" (defined in <%method
> title>Home</%method>) in an if statement, something like:
>
> if (title == $menu_item)...

  my $title = $m->request_comp->scall_method('title');
  if ($title eq $menu_item) { ... }

Assuming, of course, that the title method is defined in the component that the
request is coming in for -- that is, the component that autohandlers are
wrapping, etc.  See HTML::Mason::Request for more details on request_comp.

hdp.