mochikit

[mochikit] doSimpleXMLHttpRequest, IE and non ascii characters Boštjan Jerko Mon Apr 27 01:14:18 2009

Hi!

I am using MochiKit 1.4 and have a simple usage of
doSimpleXMLHttpRequest:

         var handleServerFeedback = function(result)
         {
                 log(d_querystring);

         }

         var handleServerError = function()
         {
                 log("error");

         }

         returnedServerValue = new doSimpleXMLHttpRequest("/
showContent/?f_name="+d_querystring);
         log(d_querystring);

returnedServerValue
.addCallbacks(handleServerFeedback,handleServerError);

When I use the script on any browser it works perfectly, but when I
set d_querystring with some non standard text characters or non ascii
characters it doesn't work on Internet Explorer - it works in Firefox.

I did a RSS reader and when I have a feed caled:  Avian’s Blog it
doesn't work. Mind that there is a ` character in the name. The
problem also appears when I use some Slovene characters (e.g. ccaron -
č).

Any ideas why is this happening?

B.