phoenix-iphone-developer-group

[Pi] Getting the first responder without knowing the specific control Bradley S. O'Hearne Mon May 18 17:00:21 2009

All,

Does anyone happen to know how to get the current first responder
without having a reference to any particular view control? I have an
event callback in which I need to get the first responder in order to
simply resign it as being the first responder. I've checked the Cocoa
docs and you apparently can do this in full-Cocoa using the
firstResponder message on the NSWindow object. However, this same
method does not appear to be available in Cocoa Touch.

There's got to be a simple way to do this...any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad