ruboss-framework

[ruboss-framework] Re: upgrading old project Dima Berastau Wed Jan 14 02:00:20 2009

Hi Larry,

Looks like there's some confusion with imports in your old models.
There isn't a org.ruboss.models.ModelsCollection anymore. That got
moved to org.ruboss.collections.ModelsCollection. You might have to go
through your models and make sure that all import statements are
correct. ModelsCollection will be references whenever there's a
HasMany in a model. Also make sure that you don't have a couple
different ruboss framework versions in your lib folder. I am surprised
you are not getting compile errors. You might also want to do a clean
build of the project get rid of any compiled SWFs, etc.

Hope this helps,
Dima

On 13-Jan-09, at 3:21 PM, Larry Erickson wrote:

> I have an old ruboss project that I started last summer that I am
> trying to upgrade to use the latest gem.  I created a new project to
> run all the generators and then copied over the new flex files
> ( contents of model folder, controller folder, components/generated)
> to my existing project.  I also updated the environment.rb file
> (config.gem "ruboss4ruby") .    When I run the project now just using
> the generated files I get an error message on about half of my 12
> models, which spits out all their data as xml and then says
>
> much more xml.....
>  <customer>
>    <created_at type="datetime">2008/12/01 07:13:38</created_at>
>    <customer_group_id type="integer">47</customer_group_id>
>    <id type="integer">47</id>
>    <name>Brenda Conroy</name>
>    <number type="integer">74</number>
>    <updated_at type="datetime">2008/12/01 07:13:38</updated_at>
>  </customer>
> </customers>'
> </customers>' not not been unmarshalled. Error: TypeError: Error
> #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
> org.ruboss.collections::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to
> org.ruboss.models.ModelsCollection.
>       at org.ruboss.serializers::GenericSerializer/unmarshallAttribute()[/
> Users/Dima/Projects/ruboss/ruboss_framework/framework/src/org/ruboss/
> serializers/GenericSerializer.as:182]
>       at org.ruboss.serializers::XMLSerializer/unmarshallObject()[/Users/
> Dima/Projects/ruboss/ruboss_framework/framework/src/org/ruboss/
> serializers/XMLSerializer.as:173]
>       at org.ruboss.serializers::XMLSerializer/unmarshall()[/Users/Dima/
> Projects/ruboss/ruboss_framework/framework/src/org/ruboss/serializers/
> XMLSerializer.as:65]
>       at org.ruboss.services.http::XMLHTTPServiceProvider/unmarshall()[/
> Users/Dima/Projects/ruboss/ruboss_framework/framework/src/org/ruboss/
> services/http/XMLHTTPServiceProvider.as:100]
>       at org.ruboss.services::ServiceResponder/result()[/Users/Dima/
> Projects/ruboss/ruboss_framework/framework/src/org/ruboss/services/
> ServiceResponder.as:64]
>       at mx.rpc::AsyncToken/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
> internal::applyResult()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx
> \rpc
> \AsyncToken.as:199]
>       at mx.rpc.events::ResultEvent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
> internal::callTokenResponders()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc
> \src\mx\rpc\events\ResultEvent.as:159]
>       at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
> internal::dispatchRpcEvent()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src
> \mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:167]
>       at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/
> internal::resultHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx
> \rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:193]
>       at mx.rpc::Responder/result()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc
> \src
> \mx\rpc\Responder.as:43]

> [...]

Dima Berastau
CTO and Co-Founder, Ruboss Technology Corporation (www.ruboss.com)