server-dev

Re: [POLL] LICENSE.apache and NOTICE.apache Robert Burrell Donkin Thu Jun 18 14:00:53 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Stefano Bagnara<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

>>> [X] -1 Definitely Get Rid
>>>
>>> BTW my understanding is that they were needed by the ant builds in order
>>> to be placed in jars. Until we use ant we can't remove them (unless we
>>> hardcode them in the build.xml or in another folder).
>>
>> they aren't required when i write the ant builds ;-)
>>
>> - robert
>
> Can you elaborate?

it's been a while - if no one else has a strong memory then it's
probably safe to assume that we can just let the idea drop

> I thought you added them in order to be able to make redistributable
> artifacts with ant, too:

ant is flexible and there are several ways that could be achieved

> If you didn't add them because of ant, can you explain why "you added
> these by request", who requested it and what the motivation was? I'm a
> bit lost on this and I'd like to understand if I missing anything.

IIRC people preferred to have copies of the plain LICENSE and NOTICE
around so i retained them.

- robert