ubiquity-firefox

[ubiquity] Re: Command completion in 0.5 Brandon Pung Fri Jun 26 17:00:21 2009

So it sounds like there are two things you were asking about here. First is
that "goo" is returning "add to google calender" as the top suggestion
instead of the verb "Google (search term)", when you would expect "Google
(search term)" to be the top choice. Your second concern is that you can't
tab to cycle through the suggestions.

For your first thing: I agree that "go" should have "Google (search term)"
as the top suggestion. It seems to be a problem with case sensitivity. If
you type "Go" then "Google (search term)" will be the top suggestion (at
least it is for me). In fact, even just "G" is giving "Google" as the top
choice, which is good. So we should make sure our matching to verbs is not
being done with case senstivity, because I don't think it should care about
the case of the letters here. Good catch!

For the second thing: We want to keep the behavior of tabs doing tab
completion, instead of cycling through suggestions. Arrow keys seems like an
intuitive way to go up and down between the different suggestions when the
tab key is being used for auto-complete. If that doesn't sound right we're
open to ideas.

Thanks!

-Brandon

--
Brandon James Pung
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Class of 2010