xcode-users

Re: lipo ((os/kern) invalid argument) error after building universal binary Ken G. Brown Wed Feb 04 10:01:26 2009

At 9:10 PM -0800 2/3/09, Chris Espinosa wrote:
>On Feb 3, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>>Now the program executes correctly from within Xcode, but not from Finder.
>>Same whether under Rosetta or not, on Intel.
>
>THis often indicates a mismatch between the executable's actual name and the
>value of the executableName key in the Info.plist.  If you change the name of
>your executable, you have to change the Info.plist as well.  Most modern
>Info.plists are wired to substitute the product name in, but if you manually
>change the project, you may have to take care of that as well.
>
>Chris

Now everything seems pretty good, have universal bninary, building both debug
and release versions, both run as desired under Xcode control.
Program formats output and sends directly to a serial port to a tractor feed
printer.

However, when I try running from Finder, I get a short few characters out the
serial port then the program dies. This is whether or not the 'run under
Rosetta' box is checked in Get Info. Intel or PowerPC shows properly in
Activity Monitor. I've tried inserting printf in the 'C' code just before the
write statement but cannot find any output. Also tried fprintf's to stdout and
stderr. I've tried running the program from Terminal to see if that helped. How
and where should I be able to see output? Where should a write(var); go from
the pascal side?

Debug print stuff shows up to the console when running under Xcode.

What should I look for that would cause it to work fine from Xcode but die from
Finder? Is there specific Finder related code required in all programs that
perhaps I am missing? At the moment I am building a Carbon app if that makes
any difference.

MacOS 10.5.6, fpc 2.2.2, Xcode 3.1.2

Info.plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
        <string>English</string>
        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
        <string>PrintSmallOSX</string>
        <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
        <string>com.yourcompany.PrintSmallOSX</string>
        <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
        <string>6.0</string>
        <key>CFBundleName</key>
        <string>PrintSmallOSX</string>
        <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>